Quality of Life. That’s what Equestrian Springs provides, from beautiful surroundings to events and facilities designed to enhance residents’ lifestyle.
Beauty begins with the entrance sign that recalls the area’s springs heritage. Water flows behind “Equestrian Springs” from Florida limestone rocks.
The theme continues along the entrance island where a free form row of limestone rocks is landscaped with roses and other flowering plants.
As the graceful entrance gates open, the eye is drawn to a 15-foot water cascade, topped with a full-size horse sculpture. The surrounding pool is landscaped with aquatic flowers.
Two winding roadways extend to the West for lots 1 to 16, and the East for lots 17 to 27.
Lot 4 has a pond and fountain. Across the road is the 3+ acre community park and spring-fed pond. A gazebo is planned overlooking the pond, for social gatherings or quiet contemplation and bird watching.
Nature is never far away. Sightings of hawks, bluebirds, herons, kites and other birds are frequent – wild turkeys can even be seen strolling the wooded areas.
The 2-mile perimeter trail – three-quarters shaded – is convenient and pleasant for walkers, runners, riders. Fence setbacks between lots add even more pathways to explore.
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES ADD TO QUALITY OF LIFE
The Ocala Street Cruisers classic car show held in April and the trail ride to raise funds for a horse rescue are recent examples of activities that add to quality of life at Equestrian Springs.
Future planned activities include:
- “Meet & Greet” events, such as Tast-T-O Donuts with coffee, etc.
- “Gourmet Evenings” featuring local chefs
- “Cultural Hours” featuring solo musicians, singers, poetry recitals, historical and nature lectures
- “Fund Raising Events” for schools and non-profit groups
- “Builder Presentations” showcasing Ocala home builders
- “Horse Shows” and other “Sports Competitions” such as foot races, archery, drones
MORE FEATURES COMING
Even more amenities are planned for 2016-2017, such as:
- Entrance gate security camera system viewable from cell phone or home
- 150×100 ft riding arena on lot 21, with covered viewing platform
- Barn with apartment and stalls on lot 21, for use by residents and guests
- Gazebo overlooking the community park pond, for entertaining
- Fitness equipment along the perimeter trail